WEA Planning – Hounslow Planning Consultants
WEA Planning are a specialist consultancy, focussing on offering planning advice in West London boroughs.
Hounslow Planning Applications – Help and Advice
WEA planning offer customised advice on your planning application, including topics such as:
- Hounslow Council planning policy – what sort of developments are likely to be accepted?
- Permitted development rights – can you build what you want without needing planning permission?
- Managing planning applications in Hounslow Conservation Areas.
- Making representations at the Hounslow Planning Committee, if your application is not a delegated matter.
- Hounslow retrospective planning applications – what to do if you find out you need planning permission for something you have already built.
- Planning appeals – we are Hounslow planning consultants who can offer help and advice if your planning application is denied.
Hounslow Planning Services offered by WEA Planning
If you need professional assistance with preparing your Hounslow planning application, we can provide the following services:
- Help with filling in Hounslow planning application forms – what sort of critical information is necessary?
- Co-ordination of technical supporting information and drawings;
- writing of supporting statements;
- negotiation with planning officers;
- variations or removal of planning conditions; and
- assisting with public consultations.
Contact WEA Planning for Hounslow Planning Advice
About the London Borough of Hounslow
Hounslow is one of the westernmost London boroughs, with a population of 237,000, making it the 16th largest of the 32 London boroughs.
In terms of population density, Hounslow planning is largely about dealing with suburban development, with a population density of just over 4,000 people per square kilometre. This is one of the lowest of all London boroughs. Major centres within the borough, including the centre of Hounslow itself, tend to be considerably more intensively developed.
However, although Hounslow's population density is low by London standards, it is still relatively high compared with other UK regional cities. Considerable planning pressures remain within the borough, largely in relation to it being directly adjacent to Heathrow airport.
The London Borough of Hounslow is made up of a number of smaller towns, of which the town of Hounslow is the largest. However, the area has traditionally suffered from a relatively poor provision of retail facilities. Most residents of both the town and borough of Hounslow have tended to shop elsewhere.
One attempt to redress this balance has been the construction of the first phase of the Blenheim centre on the edge of Hounslow town. In planning terms, the Blenheim centre is interesting in that it features two stories of shops and services anchored by a large ASDA supermarket, with apartments having been built on top of this centre.
However, concerns over retail development and the typical pressures governing suburban housing development and household extensions are all dwarfed by the challenges posed by the borough being situated directly adjacent to Heathrow airport. Planning matters relating to Heathrow airport are dealt with by the neighbouring borough of Hillingdon.
Contact Us Now for Hounslow Planning Advice
WEA planning is an independent Hounslow planning consultancy, based in Notting Hill.
Although we are not associated with the London Borough of Hounslow, we can offer planning advice on any application within this part of London. If you simply want an update on an existing Hounslow application, or want to view planning applications which have already been submitted, please contact the Hounslow council planning team directly.