Change of Use Planning Advice in West London

What is Change of Use?

Change of Use planning applications differ from other schemes in that there is often no physical change to the structure of the building. However, Change of Use can still have significant impacts on the local area, especially in respect of traffic, noise and fumes.

Each local authority in West London has different rules about what sort of schemes it will allow, and how the application process needs to proceed.

Change of use planning applications are generally divided into residential change of use types (for examples dwelling house to house in multiple occupancy), and commercial changes of use. However, change of use can also involve moving from residential to commercial and vice versa, whilst some properties might also be divided into a mixed use development, for example in the case of residential accommodation above a shop.

{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-3c09', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}
{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-defb', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}
{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-57ee', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}
{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-bbb3', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}
{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-bb12', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}
{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-eb9a', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}
{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-6f33', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}
{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-a6e7', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}
{{errors.first('rs-7f8d-17ed-876c', 'rs-7f8d-8ae7-ae73')}}

Change of Use Planning Applications

Essentially, the planning system will determine change of use in the same way that it looks at any other scheme. you may be able to make your change of use within permitted development rights(householder or commercial), or you may need to submit a full planning application. We can also advise on what to do if you need to submit a planning appeal over your scheme.

For further details about planning applications in West London, please
contact William Avery, either by phone, by email or by using the link on the right hand side of this page.

For more information about Change of Use and general planning matters on a borough by borough basis, please view our relevant page, or contact us for advice:

WEA planning can help you through the Change of Use proces

WEA planning can help you through the Change of Use proces

This product has been added to your cart